West Pottergate Medical Practice is committed to meeting the needs of our patients who have hearing loss or are Deaf. We will achieve this by:
- Making sure our staff have completed Hearing Loss Awareness Training and appoint a member of our team to act as a Hearing Loss Champion.
- Improving the ways that we communicate with you – helping you to contact us in several ways including online.
- Offering a BSL interpreter if a face-to-face appointment is required, when an appointment is requested through our receptionist.
- Making sure you can request via our online consultation system or website a British Sign Language interpreter being present if a face-to-face appointment is required.
- Making sure that when we meet with you that we look at you directly and speak clearly to help you understand what is being said.
- Using technology that makes it easier for you when visiting the surgery.
- Making sure our records show that you have hearing loss or are Deaf and what your preferred methods of communication are.
- Recognising the impact that hearing loss can have on your mental wellbeing and letting you know where you can get support for this.